If you are interested in joining a department please contact the church office for the relevant department leader, below is a brief description of each department.
Main areas of Responsibility:
- Keeping and maintaining order within the church during service;
- Directing people to appropriate seating areas;
- Assisting physically challenged members
- Attending to enquiries and request for directions from the congregation during church services
- Distributing information leaflets, offering envelopes, and other materials as required.
- Collecting offerings & donations and tithes.
- Any other duty as requested by Seniors.
Ushers are required to be courteous, polite, patient gentle and well-spoken. Members take up their strategic positions in the auditorium and various entrances, ready to welcome everyone arriving. They are the only people expected to be moving around during services.
The role is demanding as the Ushers are usually on their feet, they remain active and are usually on call for instructions and changing circumstances during services. The ushering department is open to all able bodied spirit filled members of Freedom Arena.
- Freedom Voice
- Youth Choir
- Singles Choir ( DCC)
- Children’s Choir
- Gideon’s Army choir
- Daughters of Grace choir
It is one of the busiest departments in the church with the need of volunteers in high demand.
Working behind the scenes, they ensure that the environment is always clean, safe and orderly, they see to the arrangement chairs and any extras that may be needed during the service (e.g tables).
They also decorate the altar and the body of the sanctuary as occasion arise. After each service, they thoroughly clean the church premises before leaving for home.